Terms & Conditions:
• We will give you a realistic estimate of costs
• If during repair we find additional issues – we will advise you / obtain agreement before proceeding.
• Payment will be due on completion of work / collection of the machine
• All equipment, software & parts used remain our property until due invoices are settled in full
• Where equipment is left at our premises for work it must be collected and paid for within 30 days of us advising you that it is ready, (records kept).
• Failure to collect equipment within this time frame will result in new parts being removed. At 60 days we reserve the right to dispose of the equipment for spares at trade market value to cover our costs.
• All charges outside normal working hours (7pm – 8am / Mon – Sat), including travel time charged at time and a half.
• Sunday charged at double time including travel charges.
• All cancellations must be 24hrs in advance or minimum charges (+fuel surcharge for outcalls) apply.
• Minimum charges: Callout 2hrs – £45 + £30 call out charge and fuel levy if appropriate / Remote 1hr – £35
• Time charged in hourly blocks for Callout
• Remote sessions charged in 30mins blocks.
• Data transfer £15 per hour
• Equipment hire £15 per day (variable)
• Fees start at the arranged time and customer delays incur late charges at full hourly rate or minimum charges.
• Remote session time can be split throughout the day of the booking provided the initial appointment is kept.
• Discounts for Charities, Schools, New Business Start-ups and Community Groups at discretion of the management. Customer should state their intention to take advantage of this offer on booking.
• You may assume by default that all personal data held on the computer is deemed strictly confidential.
• Copies created during restoration / backup / recovery will be deleted once the work is verified as completed.
• Storage media (e.g. hard discs) will be erased and /or physically destroyed before disposal.
• While all reasonable attempts will be made to recover files & data on a failed system, we cannot be held responsible for any consequences arising (or failing to arise), should that data NOT be recoverable either in full or in part.
• Responsibility for backup data lies with the creator
Our full confidentiality agreement can be found here